Implementation of a suite of improvements for students around finances on ACORN.
Financial Improvements for Students in ACORN
This project seeks to implement a suite of improvements for students around finances on ACORN.
This project seeks to implement a suite of improvements for students around finances on ACORN. These improvements include a common grant application, an enhanced financial planning calculator and a GPA calculator.
- Common Grant Application, the on-line application allowing for quick processing of emergency funding requests by students was released last year and eliminated 10 manual application processes. This application will have a broader roll-out to additional units (SGS, OISE, et al.)later this year.
- Enhancements to the application will facilitate improved student counselling and grant adjudication.
- A new standalone service which allows prospective and current students to calculate potential financial surplus or deficit for the upcoming academic period.
- The planner provides an efficient method to understand a student’s financial situation, set income/expense expectations and connects to support mechanisms when warranted.
- Enhancements this year will accommodate graduate students and summer session planning.
- A new standalone service that will allow students to calculate their GPA.
- The calculator will provide a mechanism to calculate both current, as well as cumulative GPAs, including generate projections based on potential performance in courses.